When solo dwelling, not all #bananas get to be enjoyed during their prime.
Sorry, Delmonte 🤷.
It seems the moment you don’t turn your eyes away
Praesent justo dolor, lobortis quis.
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (this is what gives the top such a lovely brown finish)
- 1 big pinch salt
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 small or 3 large overripe bananas
- 1/2 lemon or lime (important for brightness)
Optional Ingredients (I did all of these!)
- Optional 1 – 1 cup of nuts or dried fruits, this will not impact the chemical structure of the quick bread
- Optional 2 – 1 extra banana, sliced in half lengthwise for presentation
- Optional 3 – Maple syrup to brush on top for a shiny gloss finish
Optional 4 – Sea salt for a savory finish
- Preheat oven to 350˚,
- Grease your loaf pan and use parchment paper to line the bottom and overhang on the long sides (this becomes a handle),
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt,
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas, then stir in the oil, vanilla, and lemon or lime juice,
- Pour liquid mixture into the flour mixture and fold until combined, careful not to over mix, (Optional 1 – if you decide to add mix-ins, do it here)
- Pour into loaf pan (Optional 2, if you decided to add the banana for presentation, place it on top at this point) and bake right away for 50 minutes, or until the top is the color that you prefer,
- Remove from the oven (Optional 3 and 4, if you decide to brush the top with maple syrup and sprinkle it with sea salt, do it now while still warm, and it’ll soak in a little) and let it cool before slicing.